“The five Cs of coping:
To be calm, to see with clarity, to connect with resources, to become competent, to be courageous.” – Linda Graham, Bouncing Back
* READ THIS * WATCH THIS * CONSIDER THIS *
Explore these resources to discover more about everyday creativity, self-belief, happiness, positive emotions, personal strengths and much more!
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Creativity: Flow and the Psychology of Discovery and Invention. 1996.
- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi. Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. Harper Perennial, 1990.
- Stephanie Dowrick. Creative Journal Writing: the art and heart of reflection. Allen and Unwin, 2007
- Elizabeth Gilbert. Big Magic. Bloomsbury Paperback, 2016.
- Eric Maisel. The Creativity Book. Penguin Putnam, 2000.
- Ken Robinson. Finding Your Element, by Sir Ken Robinson and Lou Aronica. Viking, 2013.
- Martin Seligman. Authentic Happiness. Random House Australia, 2002
- Dr Sarah McKay. Seven Tips to Cultivate Your Creative Brain
- Carlin Flora. ‘Everyday Creativity’ in Psychology Today (Australia). November 1, 2009.
- Emma Radclyffe. ‘The Many Faces of Creativity’. The Psychologist
Happiness and Flow:
- ‘Flow’. The Pursuit of Happiness: bringing the science of happiness to life
- Dr Sarah McKay. How to Go with the Flow.
- The Pursuit of Happiness: bringing the science of happiness to life.
- The 7 Habits of Happy People. The Pursuit of Happiness Project.
WATCH THIS: online videos
- Mike Dillon: The Secret to Creativity: at TEDxEastsidePrep – (10:37 mins)
- Teresa Amabile: Creativity and Motivation (12:31 mins) – what research tells us about creativity and motivation; and how you can support your own creativity
- Elizabeth Gilbert & Marie Forleo on Fear, Authenticity and Big Magic – (47:57 mins)
- Author Jane Harper talks about creativity and outlines her writing process in this TEDx Talk: “Creativity in Your Control.” – (9:55 mins)
CONSIDER THIS: courses & online surveys
- Discover your character strengths: Take the Free VIA Survey. VIA Institute on Character
- 10 Creative Online Courses You Can Take for Free from Artsy.net
- Give your creativity and your well-being a boost with an online course from DailyOm. Courses on offer include: Art, Writing, Creativity, Fitness, Meditation and much more
- Take one of Jen Hewett’s online “Creative Bug” classes. Jen is an illustrator, printmaker and surface designer